Shaving removes hair by using a razor or other bladed implement, slicing the hair down to the base of the skin.
Many women prefer sprucing up their pubic area by shaving. In fact, statistics show most women do prefer to shave -- it's quick, relatively easy and most of all, private. So...if this is your preference, shave on! There are a myriad of razors/shavers available and designed especially for you.
Just keep in mind, if you go with disposable, dispose after two (three uses, tops!) And don't skimp on the razor. Be aware of the number of blades in the shaver -- some now offer 5 blades. The more blades, the closer the shave. Yes, this is what you want!
Some even offer moisturizing strips to allay irritation. For obvious reasons, shaving pubic hair requires precision.
So let’s say, you’re feeling courageous and want to get the look of a Brazilian. With a careful shave, you can but use these tips:
- Trim your pubic hair before getting in the shower
- Begin shaving in the shower after the skin warms and softens.
- Use a moisturizing shaving gel on the mons pubis (Mound of Venus - cool name, huh?).
- If you use soap and water for your legs, USE moisturizing gel for this AND a new razor.
- Place your hand on the area above the Mound of Venus to hold the skin taut.
- Shave slowly with long and even strokes and in the direction of hair growth (in other words, downward). Rinse off razor between each stroke.
- For a closer shave, reapply shaving gel and using the same long and even stroke (shave upward ONCE to avoid irritation).
Then…move on to your labia.
- Place one foot up on the shower ledge or a stool, (if you don’t have one).
- Spread your legs and moisten with shaving gel the side of the outer labia most exposed.
- Shave horizontally using the same long and even strokes but do so lightly as the skin is paper-thin. Hold the skin on the inner thigh as tautly as possible.
- Rinse and repeat on the other side.
DO NOT use the razor on the inner labia.
Once done, pat the area dry, sprinkle with baby powder (reduces the itch factor) and, if you desire, add a light fragrance-free lotion.
Keep in mind: After shaving, your skin is at its most sensitive.
Slather on aloe-vera or a sensitive skin-based lotion.
Never use exfoliating moisturizers or products with AHAs (alpha hydroxic acids).
Wait about 30 minutes before swimming as chlorine and salt water can cause stinging as does suntan lotions and sunscreens.
How to Shave Your Pubic Hair
One thing about shaving pubic hair is that you will really get to know your genitals.
You may find hair in places you didn't know existed, like your buttocks or the outer edges of the labia.
You may not want to shave during your period, as the area is more sensitive, not to mention messy.
Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Pubic Hair
Contact Bobbie Chuan
Copyright 2013 Imaginary Enterprises
An electric beard and moustache trimmer is perfect for syling pubic hair. It's an easy way to keep your pubic hair short and neat.
While shaving pubic hair, sit with your legs far apart. This helps keep the skin taut and lessens the chance of the blade snagging a fold of skin.
Tiny blood spots may occur. Don't be concerned. They are the result of irritation from a past shave, scratching or other reasons. Stop and wait a while before the next shave.
Wear loose underwear and clothing. And always remember to keep clean. Use soap and water on your outside parts.
Shaving Tips for Bikini Line
- Moisten hair for 3 minutes with warm water (use a mild exfoliator on your bikini line) then apply a moisturizing shaving gel. Some may reach for the Barbasol but try something different. Your man's jaw could never be compared to your bikini line.
- This preparation is a must as bikini hair tends to be thicker, denser and curlier, making it more difficult to cut.
- Handle the skin gently, as -- guess what? -- it's thin and tender.
- Shave horizontally, from the outside inward toward the upper thigh and groin area using smooth and even strokes. DON'T RUSH IT!
- Shave frequently year-round to keep the area free of irritation and ingrown hairs.
- To achieve an even bikini line, wear high-cut underwear while you shave.
- If you should get ingrown hairs, use an anti-bacterial ointment and don't squeeze.
- If your pubic hair is especially curly or wiry, invest in an Ingrown Hair Reducer to reduce redness, irritation and, of course, ingrown hairs.
- Be sure to keep the area hydrated with a light moisturizer.
I LOVE these websites too, especially Hunchhound the Pot-Smoking Psychic Dog!
Cult Classic Now Available in Paperback or Kindle